- Traffic Law
- Criminal Law
- Property Law
- Family Law
- Corporate Law
Sale or Purchase of Land
Selling or Purchasing land is no small task, and there are many things that need taking care of along the way. We’d like to help make the process as smooth as possible for you – we’re able to assist you with all the legal aspects of your transaction.
Firstly, we will review your purchase contract or contracts for free. Simply arrange for your real estate agent to email us the contract(s), and we will do our best to respond within the hour. We understand that once an offer for land is accepted, things need to move quickly – that’s why we’re able to offer quick and extremely thorough reviews of your legal documents.
If you’re buying or selling land, we can help you in the following ways:
- No obligation advice. We will counsel you on what steps you should take in order to protect your investment. We make recommendations, without up-sell or pressure to make further use of our services.
- Free of charge, we will suggest what amendments and additions you should seek when negotiating the terms of the Contract of Purchase. It’s important to make sure that the contract you sign is fair, rigorous and catch-free – and we’ll be happy to take care of this for you.
- Urgent Preparation of Contracts – we can generally prepare a contract for the sale of property within 2-3 hours. We’ve successfully done this for many clients so far, and we have an efficient and thorough process in place for contract preparation.
- Bonus services – as part of our services to all of our conveyancing clients, we provide a FREE and custom-tailored Last Will and Testament (for both purchasers, where there are partners involved), including a Living Will (in the event of illness), and a General or Enduring Power of Attorney. A major transaction such as sale or purchase of property is a perfect time to update your will, and we’ll do this for you for free.
- As a seller, we can help you optimise your sale price. Buyers are likely to pay more for a property if they can determine that it is wholly above-board and is being offered under fair terms. We’ll create a transparent and fair contract, along with additional disclosure of relevant documents (where appropriate) in order to help you get a better price for your property.
We highly value all our clients, and we want to work in a way that fosters a long-term relationship with you. We want you to feel comfortable enough to pick up the phone and talk to us if you have any worries, or if you simply need some general advice.
On average, our costs for preparing the contract for the sale of a property are $600 + legal searches and zoning certificates, which usually comes to about $250. We pass back 100% of any bank and financial institution introduction fees to you – our goal is to get you the best terms possible, and we aren’t biased towards any one particular lender.